GenTower* Generator Connection [BR]
Power outages are unpredictable. And they can bring your facility to a halt - for an unknown length of time.
Be ready. With the new GenTower generator connection switchboard from GE, you'll be ready to get the power - and your operation - back up and running quickly.
GenTower is a stand-alone, permanent solution. It easily connects a mobile generator to feed the main power system without modifications to the building or the electrical system. This saves costs for both labor and downtime.
Rated up to 4000 amps, it connects either by cabling to the lugs on the main switchboard (if tap connections are in place), with hard bus connection to approved GE switchboards, or through a feeder breaker. It's also available as a section in a new Spectra Series line-up. The stand-alone version's NEMA 3R enclosure installs in any location accessible to a mobile generator.
This is a logical, cost-efficient solution for anyone who needs to quickly and easily connect a portable generator during a power outage - especially retail, commercial, health care, educational and manufacturing facilities.
Features and Benefits
- Connection via color-coded, cam-lock quick connects and traditional lugs
- Supports help maintain proper connection of cables to quick connects
- Hinged trap door maintains NEMA 3R protection when cables are connected
- Sequence of operation clearly displayed on front cover
- Key interlocks with the main breaker on typical switchboard line-ups
- UL Listed (UL 891, Switchboards)
- Meets Florida Building Code Section 422.214.171.124.7
- Retail, commercial, health care, educational, manufacturing facilities and other applications