Limitamp* AR [BR]
Limitamp AR: For That Extra Margin of Protection
GE's Arc-Res Limitamp is the solution for applications where an extra margin of protection is essential. It meets the IEEE C37.20.7 standard and provides Type 2B protection for personnel during an arc flash.
Rugged Enclosure Design: Directing Energy and Exhaust Away from Personnel
Limitamp AR is designed to contain and redirect the arc flash energy and exhaust gases up through special vent flaps at the top of the enclosure and away from the system through a plenum. The side panels are constructed from heavy-duty, reinforced, 0.12 thick steel with a welded bottom plate. The low voltage box is also sealed, protecting it from exhaust gases and other materials.
Safety. Reliability. Ease of Maintenance.
For the protection you need when you need it, you can depend on the Limitamp AR. Currently the Limitamp AR is offered in one- and two-high full voltage nonreversing NEMA 1, 50kA motor starters, rated for 2.4-7.2kV.
Features and Benefits
- Meets the IEEE C37.20.7 standard
- Available now for one-high 400A/800A and two-high FVNR 400A, NEMA 1, 50kA motor starters.
- Heavy-duty enclosure for reliable safe operations and ease of maintenance
- New, fully isolated Low Voltage compartment in front door for relays, meter, lights and switches
- Internal construction to ensure the arc flash gases and products are directed to the upper section of the enclosure
- State-of-the-art vent/flap mechanism for arc mitigation
- Flexible design of plenum to meet customer requirements
- Visual disconnection safety feature via window in outer high voltage door
- Reduced PPE requirements
- Standards and Approvals
- IEEE C37.20.7-2007 - Type 2B
- ICC-ES AC156-2010 Seismic
- IEEE 693-2005
- IBC2009 & ASC&-05
- UL 347
- System Voltage: 2.4 - 7.2 kV
- Main Bus: Up to 3000A
- Contactor Size: 400/800A
- Enclosure Type: Indoor
- Symmetrical Short Circuit: 50kA (RMS) at 0.5 sec
- Arc Resistant Type 2B per IEEE C30.20.7
- Starter Type
- FVNR, PVPR, FVR
- Other Options
- Various Auxiliary Sections available
- Various Transitions to other Arc Resistant Switchgear offering
- Standard Arc Duct lengths
- Ideal for industries like petrochemicals, mining, oil and gas, pulp and paper, water and water treatment.