Power/Vac** Vacuum Breakers [BR]
The heart of the GE PowerVac circuit breaker is the vacuum interrupter. GE pioneered this interrupter technology beginning with experimental work in the 1920's. Today, the vacuum design remains superior to other arc interruption technologies by providing a smaller footprint and simpler design.
Features and Benefits
- Modular design with interchangeable footprint and parts for all breaker sizes
- Comprehensive mechanical and electrical interlocks for operating safety
- Virtually maintenance-free vacuum interrupter contacts
- Direct reading erosion indicator for vacuum interrupter contacts
- Superior vacuum interrupter technology
- Reliable, quite arc interruption
- Extensive factory testing
- Operator convenience
- Reduced maintenance required over product life
- High degree of reliability and product integrity
- Modular, standardized frame size, regardless of voltage or interrupting capacity.
- Most of the frame parts, primary conductors, disconnects, and mechanisms are interchangeable throughout the breaker product line
- Can be used in systems rated 4.16kV - 250 MVA through 13.8kV - 1500 MVA at 1200, 2000, 3000, 3500, and 4000 A (in fan-cooled equipment)
- Ratings 27kV 16kA & 25kA, 1200 & 2000A are available.
- Designed and tested to all applicable ANSI, IEEE , and NEMA standards, and carry a UL and CSA label.