ASTAT BP Soft Starter [BR]
The ASTAT BP soft starter delivers smooth, reliable performance for extended motor and component life for a range of standard AC motors from 8 Amps to 1100 Amps and from 208V to 600V. With an internal run-time bypass contactor, the SCRs in the ASTAT BP are automatically bypassed at the end of ramp, which results in less heat generated, smaller enclosures and reduced wiring.
The ASTAT BP Soft Starter has a simple interface for fast set-up and operationIts backlit LCD screen has full descriptions of parameters which makes the ASTAT BP Soft Starter easy to use. In two rows of 16 characters each, it displays the function selected and the value of the setting and/or monitor. Selecting and changing parameters is simply done with the arrow keys. There also four user selectable languages (English, German, Italian, and Spanish).
- Data Readouts − e.g. Line Voltage, Motor Current, etc.
- Fault Diagnostics − e.g. Overload, Overvoltage, Undercurrent
- Statistical Data − e.g. Elapsed Run Time, Fault Recording, Trip Event, etc.
- Parameter Settings - e.g. Acceleration Time, Starting Voltage, Motor FLA
Features and Benefits
- Current ratings: 8A-1100A: 8, 17, 31, 44, 58, 72, 85, 105, 145, 170, 210, 240, 310, 360, 414, 477, 515, 590, 720, 840, 960, 1100
- Line Voltage:
− 3ph, 208-440V 50/60Hz. (Type QB1x, 1400V PIV ratings)
− 3ph, 460-600V 50/60Hz. (Type QB2x, 1600V PIV ratings)
- Frequency Range: 45Hz-65Hz, auto-tracking frequency range
- Control Voltage:110VAC, +10, -15%, 50/60Hz or 230VAC, +10, -15%, 50/60Hz
- Motor Protection:NEMA Class 10, 20 and 30 overload and IEC Class 10 or 20
- Internal Bypass: With the internal bypass there is no need for wiring in an external contactor and adding space to the installation
- Pump Control: Avoids overpressure at the end of the acceleration phase and suppresses hammering at the stopping phase
- Communication Networks: Modbus RTU is built in
- LCD Display & Six-Button Keypad: Saves time by setting up the ASTAT BP using full parameter descriptions instead of codes
- In-Line or Inside-Delta Operation: Choose either traditional Line or Inside Delta operation, which allows the ASTAT BP to easily replace Y/D starters and allows the unit?s rating to be reduced by as much as 1.5 times
- Torque Control: Controlled torque ramps produce results close to linear speed without tachometer feedback
- Generator Supply: Helps minimize the negative effects caused by the generator voltage fluctuations during starting