Dual DLynx* [BR]
The Dual DLynx* Series are non-isolated Point of Load (POL) DC-DC board-mounted power module products, offering an industry-leading 30 percent reduction in board space over previous and competing solutions. The new power modules include the PMBUS** interface for digital configuration, communication and control, as well as adaptive voltage scaling for power reduction. They also incorporate Tunable Loop* technology deliver leading current density for a broad range of applications including data communications, telecommunications, storage, industrial, medical, and military infrastructure equipment. The modules offer OEMs a high density solution to using two lower amperage parts as well as a significant size advantage to minimize the use of board space during manufacturing.
Features and Benefits
- Offers a broad input range of 4.5 volts (V) to 14.4V and a precisely regulated output voltage from 0.48 Vdc to 5.5 Vdc.
- PMBUS digital interface supports a wide range of commands including on/off, trim, margin, power good, rise time adjustment, and input under voltage lockout. Digital interface also offers output voltage, current, and temperature measurement capability.
- Tunable Loop technology enables the user to optimize dynamic response to match the load with reduced output capacitance.
- New synchronization features and remote sense make designing for strict noise and set point requirements easier and more accurate.
- Single module using two 12A parts achieves a higher density versus two individual modules, saving valuable board space.
- Can support 12A at 1.2Vo up to 80 degrees C without airflow
- Interleaved 180 degrees out-of-phase to reduce input ripple when both outputs are operating
- Distributed power architectures
- Intermediate bus voltage applications
- Telecommunications equipment
- Servers and storage applications
- Networking equipment
- Industrial equipment